For all initial queries about applying for a place at Hurst Green in any year group, please contact the School Office using the contact details on the website. The arrangements for the admission of Reception children to this school are made by the County Council. A detailed description of the arrangements is contained in the booklet ‘Applying for a School’. A copy can be obtained from: The School Admissions Section, Education Department, P.O. Box 4, County Hall, St. Anne’s Crescent, Lewes, East Sussex BN7 1SG (Tel: 0300 330 9472) or viewed online at: www.eastsussex.gov.uk/admissions.
All other admissions are dealt with directly by the school. If you have a child in Years 1-6 and are interested in joining our school, please make contact with the school office to discuss this further.
However, parents and carers may find it helpful to know that, if there are insufficient places available to meet the demand, places will be allocated to children in accordance with the following list of priorities:
1. Looked after children and children who were looked after, but ceased to be so because they were adopted (or subject to residence orders
or special guardianship orders) immediately following being looked after.
2. Children who will have a brother or sister at the school (or linked infant school) at the time of admission and who live at the same
address, within the pre-defined community area.
3. Children wishing to transfer between a linked infant and junior school.
4. Other children living within a pre-defined community area.
5. Children who will have a brother or sister at the school (or linked infant school) at the time of admission who live at the same address,
outside the pre-defined community area.
6. Other children.
Nursery: If you are interested in joining our nursery, please call 01580 860375 and select option 2 to speak with the Nursery Manager.